Greek – US English Death certificates translation

Death certificate translation from Greek <> English – Easy as 1-2-3

If your loved one passed away recently, and he or she owned property in Greece or was receiving pension from Greece, you will need to notify the Greek authorities of their death, so that the transfer of ownership of the property can take effect.

If your loved one passed away in Greece, and did live part of his / her life in the United States (regardless of citizenship status) you will need to notify the United States authority of his/her death. If you loved one passed away in the United States, most likely the funeral director will notify the agencies involved. However, if your loved one died in Greece, you will have to notify the Social Security Administration on your own. They will require you to provide them with a translated and certified Death Certificate. The National Funeral Directors Association has created a list of all the company and agencies that should be notified.